1. Hometown and where you currently live: I grew up in Sammamish, WA, and currently live in Silverdale.
2. Stroller Strides member since: July 2015
3. Education: I went to the University of Washington and studied Journalism and Comparative History. I also completed my Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction at UW.
4. Past/Current Career: Right out of college, I joined Teach for America and moved to Phoenix, AZ, to teach Language Arts at a low-income charter school. I then taught for two years in the Seattle School District and one in Bremerton, before becoming a stay-at-home mom.
5. Childhood Ambition: To be the first girl to play baseball in the major leagues.
6. Furthest you've been from home: During college, I spent a summer completing a research project in Greece. We lived in Athens and traveled to most of the islands. It was an amazing opportunity!
7. Why did you decide to try out Stroller Strides? I love working out, but didn't want to put McKenna in the Y childcare, so Stroller Strides was a perfect fit for us!
8. What has Stroller Strides done for you? Stroller Strides has brought me health and friendship! I haven't been this fit in 10 years and I love getting out of the house and hanging out with other moms.
9. Favorite Exercise: Anything that works my core - planks or Russian twists are probably my favorite!
10. Three (3) of your favorite things (besides family): the beach, coffee, and nap time
11. Your hobbies (besides Stroller Strides of course): hiking, reading, camping, exploring new places
12. Favorite Movie or TV show: Blow with Johnny Depp is my all time favorite movie and I'm a long time Grey's Anatomy fan.
13. Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us: hmmm this is a tough one. I used to be really good at softball. I grew up traveling all over the U.S. and I absolutely thought I would play in college, until a terrible coach burned me out my junior year. My dad stillllll loves to bring up how I should've kept playing.